Business Council to Offer Agri-Business Scholarships
For the City-Times
The Portage County Business Council is now accepting applications for the 2014 Agri-Business Scholarships. $1,000 in scholarship money will be awarded.
Scholarships will be presented at the American Agriculture Appreciation Banquet on March 10, 2014 at the Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center in Plover, WI.
Award recipients who have completed an application must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Portage County
- Have at least a high school senior ranking
- Meet the entry requirements of the selected accredited Wisconsin school of higher education
- Or attend an accredited Wisconsin school of higher education
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Pursue a course of study in an agricultural related field.
Sixty one students have received over $25,710 in scholarship money since 1990.
For more information or an application form, contact the Portage County Business Council, 5501 Vern Holmes Drive, Stevens Point, WI 54482, 715/344-1940 or visit their web site at www.portagecountybiz.com. All applications must be completed and returned to the Business Council no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 21, 2014.
The Portage County Business Council focuses in the areas of business, community, employee and student development to strengthen our area’s quality of life and business climate.