Possible Drug Overdose Death Reported in Plover
By Brandi Makuski
Officials in Plover confirmed Wednesday the suspicious death of a 22 year-old man earlier this week.
Plover Police Captain Gary Widder said his department was called to a residence on the 3100 block of Wisconsin Avenue shortly after 10 PM on Sunday. Both police and EMS personnel were dispatched to assist with an unresponsive man whose identity has not been released.
“We worked with paramedics and first responders on life- saving measures but were unsuccessful,” Widder said. “At this point he had no known health problems, so we’re obviously starting to look at what potentially could have caused this. We suspect this may be drug- induced.”
Widder would not comment on whether drugs were found at the scene, but did say his department would look at both prescription drug abuse and illegal narcotic use as potential causes.
The man’s body is being sent to Madison for an autopsy where Widder said a toxicology workup should take a few weeks.
“We have a pretty good idea of what happened,” said Widder. “But I can’t really comment on much because we just don’t know for sure yet.”
Widder did say however that the man “got the substance from somewhere, from someone, we just need to find out the details.”