Ellis Stone, Rettler Among Winners for Concrete Projects
For the City-Times
Six concrete construction projects using materials supplied by County Materials Corporation were recognized for their excellence in concrete design at the 32nd Annual Concrete Design Awards presented by the Wisconsin Ready-Mixed Concrete Association (WRMCA) last March 14, 2014 at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee.
The awards recognized exceptional projects in the ready-mixed concrete industry in Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula in 2013. A distinguished panel of Wisconsin and U.P. educators and construction professionals chose this year’s winners from entrants in 21 categories. The entries were judged for innovative use of ready mixed concrete, excellence in design, and quality of craftsmanship.
County Materials Corporation extends its warmest congratulations to the architects, engineers, builders, and owners of the following projects:
• Copps Market, Stevens Point (Decorative Commercial category) – Ellis Stone Construction Co (Contractor)
• Rothschild Biomass Co-generation Facility (Environmental category) – The Boldt Company (Contractor), Poyry (Architect, Engineer)
• 3rd St. Downtown Stevens Point (Municipal Street category) – Rettler Corporation (Architect, Engineer), Pember Excavating (Contractor)
• NAPA Auto Parts, Stevens Point (Tilt-Up category) – Mark Cardinal Concrete Construction (Contractor), Midwest Concrete Constructor’s, Inc. (Contractor)
• Panera Bread at 1700 Stewart Ave. Wausau (Parking Lot category) – Ghidorzi Companies (Contractor), Mark Cardinal Concrete Construction (Contractor), Firkus Masonry (Contractor)
• A residence in Beaver Dam (Special Merit Decorative Residential category) – Firkus Masonry (Contractor)
County Materials Corporation is a family-owned, American-based manufacturing company and leading source for construction and landscape products. Its headquarters are in Marathon, WI, where it was founded in 1946. The company has grown into a diversified organization that supplies products for growing communities at more than 44 locations across the Midwest. For more information visit www.countymaterials.com.