Bridge Inspections Scheduled in Portage, Surrounding Counties This Week
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures
For the City-Times
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures on several bridges this week while crews perform routine inspections and maintenance operations. Some of the lane closures will require flagging operations.
- Waushara County XX north of Berlin. The County Road XX bridge over the Fox River will have single lane closure on Monday, May 5, from noon to 2 p.m.
- WIS 156 east of Clintonville. The WIS 156 bridges over the Wolf River and the Embarrass Rivers will have single lane closures on Tuesday, May 6, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- WIS 54 in Royalton. The WIS 54 bridge over the Little Wolf River will have single lane closures on Tuesday, May 6, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- US 10 near Freemont. The US 10 bridges eastbound and westbound over the Wolf River will have single lane closures on Wednesday, May, 7 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- WIS 96 in Freemont. The WIS 96 bridges over the Wolf River will have single lane closures on Wednesday, May 7, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- County HH in Plover. The County HH bridge over the Wisconsin will have a single lane closure on Thursday, May 8, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Motorists should remain alert for slow moving vehicles and potential traffic backups during peak travel times. To avoid any delays motorists may want to use alternate routes. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @511WI_NoCentral for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit www.511wi.gov
- Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WisDOT
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.