Food Swings: Fried Bread
oil or lard (I use peanut oil- it gives a subtle nutty flavor to your bread)
1. Mix flour and baking powder. Add water to make a soft dough. Pat dough out on a sheet of plastic wrap to about 1/2″ thick.
2. Heat up about 1/4″ of oil or lard to medium heat in a cast iron or non stick pan.
3. Cut dough into about 9 biscuits.
4. Fry on one side until lightly brown, then flip, cooking approximately 2-3 minutes on each side. Place on a plate covered with paper towels to soak up access oil.
5. Serve with butter and jam.
You can also use this in lieu of dinner rolls, since it’s perfect to nap up gravy. Enjoy!