UPDATE: Snow, Sleet Expected Monday
The National Weather Service in Green Bay has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Portage and surrounding counties through Monday.
With the harshest weather expected in the northern portion of the state, Portage County could see at least one inch of snow accumulation Saturday night and into Sunday morning. Roads are expected to become hazardous and motorists are asked to use caution.
A winter storm watch has also been issued for Monday. A low pressure system is expected to bring gusty winds and heavy snow of 3-6 inches.
- This Afternoon- Cloudy, with a high near 38. West northwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Tonight- A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 6 mph after midnight.
- Monday- Snow before 3pm, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet. High near 33. East northeast wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 3 inches.
- Monday Night- Snow before midnight, then rain and snow, possibly mixed with sleet between midnight and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 27. Northeast wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Veterans Day- Snow. High near 30. North northeast wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Night- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday- Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Wednesday Night- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Friday- Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Friday Night- Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Saturday- Partly sunny, with a high near 26.