No Injuries Reported Following Wellington Place Fire
City Times Staff
A faulty ventilation fan in a bathroom was the culprit for a late night fire at a local senior living facility.
Fire crews responded to Wellington Place, 1902 Post Road, just before 10 PM on Monday.
Crews evacuated the facility for just over an hour. The fan was located near a community activity area and not a residential apartment.
No flames were visible, according to firefighters, but heavy smoke was reported.
Crews from Stevens Point, Plover, Hull and Park Ridge responded to the call. Stevens Point police provided traffic control.
Residents were returned to the building about 11:20 PM.