Christmas Presents From the Heart Campaign Now Underway
For the City Times
Area residents and businesses are encouraged to donate to the 27th annual Christmas Presents From the Heart Campaign, which is now underway.
Collection sites are open at some 20 area businesses in the Greater Plover Area, with all items collected to be donated to Operation Bootstrap on Dec. 12. Donations will be accepted through Dec. 11.
“I think most people enjoy sharing donations of little-used or new items that will brighten someone else’s Christmas,” said Carrie Mish, a mortgage specialist with Investors Community Bank. Mish also serves as a co-chair of Christmas Presents from the Heart, and is president of PABA Backers.
Specific items requested this year are mittens and hats, socks, boots and snow pants, adult gloves, family board games, $25 gift cards (targeted for teens) and non-perishable food items. Cash donations are always welcome.
The Portage Area Business Association (PABA) consists of some 150 area businesses, dedicated to ‘foster and advance the business and community interests throughout the Greater Plover Area’.
The PABA Backers are known as the good-will arm of the business association and have proudly led the charity fund raising efforts for over a quarter-century of helping out those in need.
PABA Christmas Presents From the Heart – 2015 Sites
- Associated Bank, 2727 Post Road, Plover
- Big Apple Bagels, 1600 American Drive, Plover
- BMO Harris Bank, 2851 Post Road, Plover
- Central City Credit Union, 3101 Hoover Road, Stevens Point
- Central Wisconsin Credit Union, 1301 Post Road, Plover
- Central Wisconsin Credit Union, 2201 Division, Stevens Point
- Club Forest Bar, 1176 Clubforest Drive, Plover
- Community First Bank, 5525 Highway 10 East, Stevens Point
- CrossFit Stevens Point, 1400 Contractors’ Blvd., Plover
- Dunkin Donuts Plover, 3005 Village Park Drive, Plover
- Hampton Inn, 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover
- Investors Community Bank, 3273 Church Street, Stevens Point
- Members’ Advantage Credit Union, 1760 Plover Road, Plover
- Mission Coffee House, 2860 Post Road, Plover
- Other Mothers, 147 River Drive, Plover
- NAPA, 2131 Plover Road, Plover
- Plover Municipal Center, 2400 Post Road, Plover
- The Portage County Bank, 5417 V. Holmes Dr., Stevens Point
- The Portage County Bank, 2520 Post Road, Plover
- WoodTrust Bank, 1900 Plover Road, Plover