Family Member Sex Assault Trial Begins Wednesday
By Brandi Makuski
A former Stevens Point man accused of sexually assaulting a developmentally-delayed family member is scheduled to be tried before a 12-person jury this week.
Jack Ingram, 48, was accused of assaulting the woman in Oct. of 2015 on the 3100 block of Michigan Avenue. According to the criminal complaint, Ingram approached the woman as she undressed in the bathroom and touched her inappropriately. He then told her to keep the incident a secret, according to the complaint.
The woman’s mother told police both she and the victim were afraid of Ingram, and that he had threatened them previously. She also told police Ingram had several firearms in his possession, one of which was recovered by police from the home.
Ingram was released on a $10,000 cash bond in Nov. 2015 and has since moved to Sevierville, Tenn. Ingram did appear in person for his arraignment in January.
His trial was originally scheduled for Sept., but was postponed after a request from Ingram’s attorney.
Ingram’s 12-person jury trial is scheduled for Wednesday at 8 AM.