Colorful Laser Light Shows Announced at UW-Stevens Point
For the City Times
STEVENS POINT — Colorful laser light shows set to rock and pop music will be shown this spring at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point’s Allen F. Blocher Planetarium.
The popular laser light rock shows will be offered at 7 p.m. Saturdays and at 8, 9 and 10 p.m. nightly, Wednesday through Saturday, April 4-7 and April 11-14. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for students and $3 for students with UW-Stevens Point I.D.
Tickets are available at the door one half-hour before the first show of the day and are valid that day only. The shows are recommended for children age 12 and older. Special shows for groups of 20 or more may be scheduled by contacting the planetarium office at 715-346-2139.
The laser rock show schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, April 4 – Led Zeppelin
- Thursday, April 5 – Classic Rock with Kiss, Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd
- Friday, April 6 – Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
- Saturday, April 7 – 7 p.m.-iPop; 8, 9 and 10 p.m.-Pink Floyd: The Wall
- Wednesday, April 11 – Pink Floyd: The Wall
- Thursday, April 12 – Led Zeppelin
- Friday, April 13 – The Beatles
- Saturday, April 14 – 7 p.m.-Electropop; 8, 9 and 10 p.m.-Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Admission helps purchase of new astronomical shows and other educational expenses.
The planetarium is located on the second of the UW-Stevens Point Science Building at the corner of Reserve Street and Fourth Avenue. Parking is available in Lot D behind the building and is free in all university lots after 7 p.m. and on weekends. More information is at www.uwsp.edu/physastr/Plan_Obs.