Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital Celebrates Opening of New Breast Care Center
For the City Times
STEVENS POINT –A community supported effort more than two years in the making to improve access to breast care services at Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital celebrated its grand opening on Thursday, October 25.
The Ascension St. Michael’s Breast Care Center became a reality as the result of the successful $4-million Hope is Building Campaign by the St. Michael’s Foundation. The campaign provided support for construction, equipment and the establishment of the Angel Fund to ensure that every woman can obtain breast care services if they do not have insurance or have insurance that does not pay for breast care or mammograms.
“This project has been a major source of passion and pride for our organization and the community,” said Crystal Kirschling, Vice President of Patient Care Services, Ascension St. Michael’s. “We are thrilled to be here today in celebration of the dedication and hard work of many who contributed to this important asset for our facility and the people who choose us for their healthcare services.”
Ascension associates, community members and supporters of the St. Michael’s Foundation gathered for a ribbon cutting and open house to mark the centers first day of patient care and put a fitting wrap on Breast Cancer Awareness month activities at the facility.
Services are streamlined to provide everything patients need in one convenient location with caregivers working collaboratively to provide an enhanced level of personal attention and responsiveness in a healing environment.
“This new Breast Care Center will provide personalized multi-disciplinary centralized care that is essential for all women and their families who are navigating a difficult journey,” said Debra Standridge, Regional President, North Region, Ascension Wisconsin. “Ascension is steadfast and committed to bridging the gap for underserved women to ensure all have access to quality healthcare with exceptional outcomes provided by outstanding healthcare professionals in all the communities we serve,”
The Ascension St. Michael’s Breast Care Center includes:
- A centralized location for clinicians to collaborate and respond compassionately and rapidly to patient concerns.
- Dedicated procedural area to provide expanded services to breast patients, all in one location
- State-of-the-art equipment including 3-D mammography/tomosynthesis, stereotactic biopsy capabilities, ultrasound and ultrasound-guided biopsy capabilities
- Personalized care to be delivered through a new, dedicated space to integrate care, from screening, to treatment, to recovery, to life beyond cancer
- A dedicated space to deliver resources to patients and their families through education and support groups
For more information about the Breast Care Center at Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital and Ascension Medical Group, please call 715.346.0707.