On Point: Your rundown of events from Nov. 15-25
Thursday, Nov. 15
5th Annual Basket Raffle & Bake Sale – 9 AM
– First Weber Group Realtors hosted event located at 5424 US Hwy. 10 East, Suite A, Stevens
Friday, Nov. 16
CREATE Cheers to the Holidays – 6 PM
– CREATE is partnering with Great Northern Distilling to celebrate the 2018 holiday season, $100+ donations, located at 1740 Park Ave. Plover.
Stevens Point Holiday Parade – 6 PM
– Kick off the holiday season the right way by coming downtown with your family and friends for the parade. More info on the city website at https://downtownstevenspoint.org/events/holiday-parade.
Real Deals Birthday Celebration – 10 AM
– Featuring birthday cakes, gifts, and refreshments along with amazing deals and discounts. Located at 817 Clark St. Stevens Point.
Saturday, Nov. 17
Thanksgiving Basket Charity Event – 8AM
-This event provides 400 families of need food to prepare a Thanksgiving meal in their own home. Located at 1919 Wyatt Ave.
Live Music: Amelia Ford – 5 PM
– Originals and covers by a local artist. Located at 351 Allen St. in Amherst.
Live Music: Elvia Christmas Special – 7 PM
– Located at 3425 Church St. Stevens Point, at Rookies Sports Bar. Price is $20.
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles! – 10:30 AM
– Come to Portage County Public Library to watch the classic film.
Wintering Woodpeckers – 1 PM
– Located at 2419 N Point Drive, Stevens Point, at Schmeeckle Reserve. Free nature event.
Sunday, Nov. 18
Tinsel Trail – 9 AM
– Arts and crafts fair held at Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center, located at 1001 Amber
Avenue, Stevens Point.
Monday, Nov. 19
5th Annual Purple Monday – 8 AM
– A version of Black Friday for UWSP. Pointer holiday shopping made easy. Located at UWSP.
Tuesday, Nov. 20
UWSP Jazz Band Concert – 7:30 PM
– Located at the Noel Fine Arts Center, 1800 Portage St. Stevens Point. $12 for adults, $10 for
senior citizens, $5 for students.
Thursday, Nov. 22
Stevens Point Community Turkey Trot – 9 AM
– Community walk/run held at Pfiffner Pioneer Park in Stevens Point. Please donate a
non-perishable food item if possible.
Friday, Nov. 23
Live Music: Chaz n’ Gerry – 5 PM
– Local acoustic duo. Located at the Central Waters Brewing Company, 351 Allen St. Amherst.
Stevens Point YMCA Christmas Tree Sale – 10 AM
– Nov. 23, 2018 – Dec. 21, 2018. Recurring daily. All proceeds directly support YMCA Youth and
Saturday, Nov. 24
Live Music: Jerry Schmitt Band – 8 PM
– Located at Rookies Sports Bar, 3425 Church St. Stevens Point.
Shop Small Saturday – All day
– Get great deals at local shops and get a Shop Small Passport to have a chance at winning
prizes and cash.
Thanksgiving Saturday Comedy Night – 8 PM
– Comedy show at O’so Brewing Company located in Plover.