Updates and traffic impacts for Post Road construction
For the City Times
PORTAGE COUNTY — As work on Post Road continues, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation have released traffic impacts and updates for the week of June 10. Updates are courtesy of projects511.wi.gov.
Traffic impacts for week of June 10, 2019:
- The intersections of Cedar, and Willow street with Business 51 are closed and it is anticipated that the intersections will reopen the week of June 10 after concrete paving operations are completed. The intersection of Locust and County HH/McDill is closed and the intersection of Elm Street and Business 51 is open.
- The intersection of Locust and County HH/McDill Avenue will reopen Friday June 7. At that time the intersection of Elm Street with Business 51 will close to complete the concrete paving operations.
- Tommy’s turnpike at Business 51 is closed.
- Traffic on County HH has been reduced to one lane in each direction between Lower Whiting Park and School Avenue. All traffic on County HH has been moved to the existing westbound lanes. Traffic on Business 51 has been reduced to one lane in each direction between Mac Arthur Way and Minnesota Avenue. All traffic on Business 51 has been shifted to the existing southbound lanes.
- Pedestrian traffic has been detoured on the east side of Business 51 where temporary sidewalk has been constructed between Business 51 and School Avenue. Pedestrians will utilize School Avenue between Porter Court and County HH. Pedestrians will utilize the sidewalk on the north side of County HH from Lower Whiting Park to School Avenue while the south side is reconstructed. Detour signs have been installed along the pathway that is intended to be used.
Anticipated schedule for week of June 10, 2019:
- Crews will reopen the intersection of Locust and County HH/McDill and will close the intersection of Elm Street with Business 51 to trim, grade, and pour the concrete pavement in the Elm Street intersection.
- Crews will continue to pour concrete sidewalk, sidewalk ramps, driveway aprons, and concrete terraces along north bound Business 51 and east bound County HH/McDill.
- Crews will complete the concrete pavement for the Willow and Cedar Street intersections on the east side of Business 51.
- Crews will began to install the median curb and gutter along the northbound lanes of Bus 51.